Friday, May 16, 2008

Moving up the Road




Yesterday was mainly a travel day. I went at a snail's pace up the coast, through Ocean City, MD, then into Delaware; Fenwick Island, South Bethany, Bethany Beach, Dewey Beach, Rehoboth Beach, then on up Route 1 to Milford. There I met up with my two cousins and we yacked, ate homemade lasagna with some libations, watched a good movie and called it a night.

This morning it is raining and a bit foggy, as I can see from the third floor window of the condo. No one else is up except for Bubba and Spanky. We are planning to go to Rehoboth Beach to the Victorian Restaurant on the boardwalk for breakfast. That could change if there are no signs of life in the next 1/2 hour. Ah hah! The Philly cousin is up! Now the DE one - I guess we're going.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Sounds as if you and SCargo logged alotta miles to get to DE.(Hi Cathy~ Glad you could get away!) Hope you guys got out to the Victorian Restaurant. It has been miserable here, too---very rainy, windy and 50 degrees. Keep your heads low and stay out of the rain.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the cousin's made it to the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel's restaurant "Victoria" - had the cheese blintzes. Very good coffee too. It's luv-a-lee there, quiet with a view of the ocean.